SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#360047 - 02/01/13 08:40 AM Re: "Ghost" files on the USB stick - Korg users?? [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
I'm guessing that the Korg is a PC architecture, so maybe they just don't show if you use a PC because windows chooses to hide them. It's a small point, and they ARE erasable ... just more time to waste. Maybe if I do my drag and drops while the 3x is hard connected via USB? Hmmmmmmm

#360056 - 02/01/13 09:34 AM Re: "Ghost" files on the USB stick - Korg users?? [Re: Uncle Dave]
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Originally Posted By: Uncle Dave
I'm guessing that the Korg is a PC architecture, so maybe they just don't show if you use a PC because windows chooses to hide them. It's a small point, and they ARE erasable ... just more time to waste. Maybe if I do my drag and drops while the 3x is hard connected via USB? Hmmmmmmm

Dave I believe it uses a Linux/Unix structure for the OS -but data storage is all FAT32 - they have not even extended it to FAT-EX, let alone NTFS. But as it is primarily for storage and not streaming it is pretty moot.

Dennis

#360061 - 02/01/13 09:55 AM Re: "Ghost" files on the USB stick - Korg users?? [Re: Uncle Dave]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
UD... Pretty easy to sort the file list in the Mac by filesize, and there are all the 0kb files in one lump, easy to grab and drag off to the trash...

#360098 - 02/01/13 09:14 PM Re: "Ghost" files on the USB stick - Korg users?? [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

Diki,
Can't seem to find the files when I look in the folders on the Mac - they are 4.0kb, but they do not show in the folders, and there is not a way to view hidden files that I know of. Anyone?
BTW - I found out that you can delete multiple titles on the kb, itself by holding the "shift" key and then tapping the title ... at least that saves some time. This is a puzzlement!

#360105 - 02/02/13 02:17 AM Re: "Ghost" files on the USB stick - Korg users?? [Re: Uncle Dave]
Diki Offline

#360130 - 02/02/13 09:31 AM Re: "Ghost" files on the USB stick - Korg users?? [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

Diki,
I actually DID try that, and it showed some hidden files on my desktop pc, but not these little ghosts that seem to haunt the USB drives. Hmmmmm.
Any other ideas?
smile

#360159 - 02/02/13 03:46 PM Re: "Ghost" files on the USB stick - Korg users?? [Re: Uncle Dave]
Diki Offline

I'd just try a Google search about the specific problem, see what pops up...

#360175 - 02/02/13 07:36 PM Re: "Ghost" files on the USB stick - Korg users?? [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

Seems this is 100% Apple to non-Apple deal. Much like the way the iProducts are very proprietary, Mac likes to "deposit" these duplicate files every time it writes to a NON Mac disk. It's a tiny annoyance, and most of them can be erased, but it's visually cluttered. I read a few fixes that require software or Terminal commands ... I'll keep reading. Thanx all!

#360185 - 02/03/13 01:55 AM Re: "Ghost" files on the USB stick - Korg users?? [Re: Uncle Dave]
Tonewheeldude Offline

Its not a big problem as you say - just an annoyance as the mac leaves stuff in every folder (does it on any external drive). You can always ask a friend to plug a PC in at some point and get rid of all the mac trash. But make sure system restore is off on external drives otherwise the PC will leave a single invisible recycle folder in the root which is annoying if like me, you like your drives tidy.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online